Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Couples Who Pray: The Most Intimate Act Between a Man and a Woman by Squire Rushnell and Louise DuArt


Turns out my neighbor had this book when I told her about what I was reading. She leant it to me before it even came. This book is great for couples (or even relatives) who are firm believers in God, and discovering joint prayer as a way to strengthen relationships, and lives. The technique they use is very odd but unique, told in easy conversation to understand and a great way to really get the feel into how it strengthens communication-and life over-all. The stories portrayed in this book show the stresses of everyday lives and how to strengthen them as well as help couples deal with being married. I think this is something every couple should read (or even those who are single to help know and find the right person.) It also takes stories from the bible and translates them in corresponding with the others. So it combines stories from real people and scripture. I found this book interesting, and something I will be trying when the time is right for me. It gave me a lot of insight on marriage and that with prayer it can be one of the most intimate things anyone who wants to strengthen their relationship with their spouse and God can do. It’s not just speaking to couples, but singles or family as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment