Saturday, February 26, 2011

My Soul To Take (Movie) + a short thought

I finished watching 'My Soul To Take' it was a very interesting movie about a guy who was a schizophrenic but instead of having multiple personalities he had multiple souls. Anyhow one of them was extremely evil - he basically takes over the guys body and starts killing people. Leading to some certain events - including the birth of 7 children all born prematurely. 16 years later the murders of the 7 children born that night begin to die off. Leading to more events and then a big twist at the end. The movie was good-but for my expectations it fell short. You got the typical jock, typical popular girl, typical Jesus worshiper (you know the ones that are like the world is ending repent and then when chaos breaks they're killing everyone for salvation? Yeah she was like that think of Stephen King's 'The Mist' and that crazy woman and that should sum it up) you got the loser and then you got the freak, of course adding stereotypes in would just complete the movie (sarcasm)honestly Hollywood give em a rest. Then again...maybe it's not stereotyping anymore.

What I find interesting is- why does it bother so many people (myself included) when they kill off an animal...but when they kill off a person in a brutal way it's encouraged? Just because they're being a total jackass doesn't mean they deserve to die...but what gets me is when we hear something on the news I don't think we completely let ourselves feel. We have a wall protecting our emotions. I find myself staring at the screen with unease and anger but when it all comes down to the feeling wears off and life goes on...perhaps that's human nature-we're glad it's not happening to us or anyone we know...but I don't think it's a crime. Some people (depending what it is) will help those people it is happening to)

As a person who serves God, I want to make the most out of it. I've gone down and volunteered when Katrina hit(I was a freelance volunteer and would stay there for about 15 hours doing more time then the red cross members), I've given money to a complete stranger for things they need, I've rescued cats from being abused, I've helped in pushing cars up snowy banks (at least assisted, my guy friend did the main pushing) but I found when I needed help not one person helped. It's the selfishness of human nature I suppose...or maybe God was showing me I had strength to do it myself and over-come it. Regardless it wont change who I am. Thanks for anyone following this blog (I'm not that great of a reviewer though and sometimes I can get very winded. I didn't expect 3 people to be following it but thank you guys just the same)

No comments:

Post a Comment