Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Unleashed Release the Untamed Faith Within By Erwin McManus

Unleashed Release the Untamed Faith Within By Erwin McManus gives an insight of the Christian faith-one between the civilized faith and the uncivilized. He opens up with describing his daughter and describing her passion for music and the decisions she would have to make while away from home-describing uncertainty and fear. He moves on seemingly easy to describing what creates fear and exampling it into religion. From that point it turns into describing the barbaric side of religion to people who hold onto hope but not fully accepting Christ, the chapter was fascinating to read and made a lot of good points. There are scripts depicting the lesson the chapter wants you to learn, and it’s an easy read. It goes on to describe John the Baptist as the author gives a reason why he is a barbarian-but in that case, wouldn’t we all be? There are some points I don’t agree with but others I do. He gives a really good point in describing what a true Christian is and what a barbarian is; ones who think they know God; and ones that truly know him. I do recommend this book fully and have read other books like it and they offer a great insight into religion as well as keeping faith - the right way. I recommend this book to someone who’s involved in the faith to get a better understanding on truly accepting Christ and all that he has to offer. The author did a fantastic job even though some points he made were unnecessary.

I'm a speed reader and managed to read this book fully within two hours. I also acquired this book through digital download, reading is a really strong point for me and am able to read through and love reading so I do tend to read extremely fast and understand the book quite well without missing anything with main points. I hope to get more books as I go through them quickly.

2 comments:

  1. have you read The Barbarian Way, by McManus? this book sounds similar to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have, it is definitely similar but he puts in different points of each book - it's actually a very interesting read, though there are certain points I thought were unnecessary they were both good books.

    ReplyDelete